Applications to become a First Aid Volunteer with St John Ambulance ACT are now open for 2016! But spots are limited so read below to find out how to apply now!
Volunteer Information Pack
The Volunteer Information Pack has indepth details about the organistation and its values, it also has updates including How Volunteering Works and details about the Induction Program.
Click here for the Volunteer Information Pack
There will be four inductions for 2016, each with a maximum of 15 places.
Click here for the Induction Training Calendar for 2016
Induction Programs go for three months are made up of five training days, three events/duties and some online eLearning exercises. The first four training days are aimed to prepare volunteers to going out on duties by building on their current skill set. Then volunteers have three months to attend at least three mentor specific events to improve their confidence and put their skills into to practice. Training Day 5 is a chance to review the things you did great and things you can improve on. After all that you become a fully-fledged First Responder.
Health Care Professionals (nurses, doctors) do not have to attend Training Days 1 and 2, but are welcome to attend if they wish.
- Training Days 1&2 — Advanced First Aid
- Training Day 3 — Advanced Resuscitation
- Training Day 4 — Member Induction
- Training Day 5 — Three month review
Requirements to Join
To join as a volunteer you must:
- Complete a Provide First Aid Course in the last 6 months (prior to the start date of the Induction)
- Complete an Application Form
- Joining Fee $175.00 (student and pension concessions available)
- Be physically fit to do 5-minutes continuous CPR
How to apply
To apply to be a volunteer please complete the attached application form.
If you are successful you will be offered a place on an upcoming Induction Program, you may choose to accept, differ or decline the offer.
If you would like to make an expression of interest to become a volunteer in 2016 please:
- Read the Volunteer Information Pack.
- Complete the application form and email to Liz.Hughes@stjohnact.com.au
Click here for the St John Adult Application Form