St John Ambulance Australia is a self-funding charitable organisation active in all States and Territories, dedicated to helping people in sickness, distress, suffering or danger.
St John provides:
- First aid training
- First aid kits and components
- First aid services at community and public events and assistance during national disaster relief, through volunteers
- A range of community care services for the aged, the infirm, the immobile and the lonely
- Ambulance services in Western Australia and the Northern Territory
- Funding and support for Ophthalmic services at the St John Jerusalem Eye Hospital, in East Timor and in Australian communities
- A national youth development program for young people aged 8 to 18 years
- Public access defibrillators throughout the Australian community
We have been active in Australia for over 125 years and internationally are part of a wider organisation with a long and honorable history.